Great Essay Topics For A Paper On Huckleberry Finn
Huckleberry Finn has dominated literature for years. It is a masterpiece with excellent themes, a superb plot and characters that are fascinating. This literary wealth gives you a chance to explore numerous Huckleberry Finn essay topics through your paper. Here are fresh ideas and topics to consider.
- There are several characters in Huckleberry Finn that are not admired by Mark Twain. Identify them and give reasons why they are least admirable.
- It is arguable that certain characters have found favor in the words of Mark Twain. Who are these characters and what makes them admirable?
- The action in Huckleberry Finn is motivated and driven by violence and greed. Give examples that indicate this motivation.
- There are situations portrayed as humorous by the author while in real sense they are very serious. Highlight these situations and their significance of this irony in the book.
- From analysis, some people conclude that Jim is the real father of Huck. What is your position?
- The setting of the novel is important and symbolic. Why do you think the author choose the land and river as the setting?
- What is your take on the themes of racism and slavery as portrayed by Mark Twain in Huckleberry Finn?
- Religion has been given a prominent role and position in the novel. What is this role and what context does it represent during the era the book was written.
- Superstition is given a prominent role in the novel. How would you describe this role?
- Huckleberry Finn is accused of being a racist novel. How true is this accusation?
- In your analysis, do the three characters achieve the American dream? Explain your answer.
- What similarities and differences do Pap and Jim show as parents?
The best topic for an essay on Huckleberry Finn is one that focuses on a specific issue. Choose your topic paying specific attention to the character, stylistics, theme, etc you wish to discuss. Make it unique to attract the attention and curiosity of your readers.